Welcome, Maniacs, to the weekly series where we help you catch up on some of the original reporting done by other sites in the vast MMA landscape. Like Jim Miller, Tom Grant and Dan Miller pictured above, we can all “get along.”
Teaming up with MMA sites like Low Kick, Fightline, Fight Opinion and The Fight Nerd, we’ll provide an opportunity for all MMA fans to read some fresh and original voices in the sport.
The full list of links is after the jump.
I really feel like everything I ever done will be on the line against Garza. I like being an underdog, and some people might give him an upper hand in certain things, he could have more experience than me, but I have to prove something. I will make a statement against Pablo Garza. This is what really pumps me up.
- Gauging Invicta FC’s success based on my mother’s day reactions (The Fight Nerd)
- How will combat sports battle concussions in the furure? (Fight Opinion)
When I watched Ron Kruck’s piece on HDNet about The Lou Ruvo center last December, it was a segment that reminded me just how little we know about the issue of concussions in combat sports. Despite technological advances with MRIs & CT scans, that technology also has a ways to develop from what experts say is currently a ‘black & white’ standard of determining just how much damage a person’s brain has suffered.
- Golden Boy sets record highs for Mayweather Cotto. (MMA Payout)
- UFC Primetime returns for Dos Santos vs Mir (MMA Convert)
- Dana White hints at a stacked January event (Fightline)
- Alan Belcher: “I don’t plan on losing anytime soon.” (Five Ounces of Pain)
“I’ve been putting myself in certain situations so that when the fight comes I know what Palhares strengths are and I can avoid them. I’ve been training with some guys who are really good with leg locks and I’m learning how to fight those submissions off.
- Former UFC dark matches will be streamed live on Facebook (5thRound)